Saturday, February 20, 2010

Extra Credit Event

The event of poems and music was one I really enjoyed attending, all performances were great. In the beginning of the event there was a prayer made to bless the event in which made me feel as if I were being blessed by the spirit gods. It was pretty interesting hearing a language I had never heard before. As the event went by the poems presented were are all very deep and moving. One of my favorite poets had to be Donna known as “Aza”. Her poems really touched my inner soul. The poems she read were very inspirational. I enjoyed the poem dedicated to her brother and how no matter what she would be waiting for him until he came back home. What love can do! As for the music Kiki Sanchez was awesome. His African Peruvian mix reminded me of some my Latin rhythms. He really expresses himself through the way he plays the piano. In addition something that really grabbed my attention and put me in a state of shock throughout the event was the African priest performance. He had me on the edge on my seat. I have to say I was a bit scared of him but, the part of him putting the rocks on fire in his mouth was spectacular. I wonder how he is able to do that. Overall, the event was extravagant. This event made me feel great and part of something new. I personality felt cleansed by all the spiritual love surrounding me. This is one event I will certainly remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment